|Vacancy Job Title||Products Engineer|
|Reports To||Head of Mechanical Engineering|
The Products Engineer performs detailed product engineering for every phase of small to medium sized (£10k to £5m+) projects or engineering studies. The Products Engineer liaises with the SPE and the CFD modelers and implements key product design details, and manufacturing knowledge to produce engineering drawings and information, to meet production needs and objectives.
The Products Engineer develops the best design with other drawing office staff, assist in the design review process, and afterward for production of drawings and designs for the supply chain.
The Products Engineer will also develop a close liaison with that supply chain and assist in the evaluation of new suppliers, initiate, receive & evaluate manufacturing estimates, and process purchase orders for the company.
In addition, the Products Engineer will assist the Project Management Team (PMT) with the manufacturing schedule and project management functions, including quality assurance and control, deliveries/shipping, construction/installation procedures, and post contract performance review (design lessons learnt).
- Follows plans, and directions for the mechanical/technical design functions, fiscal and administrative functions of products, sub-products or studies with the SPE.
- Preparation of Key Component and Parts lists
- Assist in preparation of the manufacturing schedule
- Liaises with selected contractors during product manufacture
- Prepares reports on manufacturing status and advises on the impact of changes or additional works to the SPE
- Implements design criteria and technical engineering for all areas of the products, to establish best design & manufacturing practices for the final engineering and construction of the company products.
- Prepares design calculations, sizing and selection of components ensuring compliance with contract requirements
- Interfaces with SPE to coordinate all design details
- Ensures compliance to RJM’s QMS procedures
- Prepare purchase orders for the product manufacture and delivery
- Ensure the company design review procedures findings are followed and ensure implementation of all review changes, advising of any delay or cost implications
- Records engineering changes to the product, and communicates them to the supply chain as necessary
- Prepares installation instructions for construction sub-contractors to erect supplied equipment
- From time to time assist with hands on diagnostic testing, data collection onsite, which may require extended time overseas (Max 14 days)
- Assist with design proposals, presentations for sales opportunities
- Assist with the post contract review process with the SPE, and implementation of the lesson learnt log with the design team.
Work Location: Winchester, UK
Hours: Generally, 8.30am – 17.30pm, 5 days per week, with occasional extra hours as necessary
Holiday: 25 days annual leave
Travel: Up to 10% of total time to domestic and international locations
Knowledge, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- HNC, HND or Degree Standard in Mechanical, Structural or Production Engineering
- 10 or more years related work experience
- Prior experience must include significant engineering to small and medium sized projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand the design process, schedules, and supply chain interface
- Technical knowledge and experience of combustion, emissions technology and related processes systems would be an advantage
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated experience in the use of Draftsight and SolidWorks, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Action-oriented engineer with demonstrated ability to accomplish objectives
- Strong, organised skill set with demonstrated ability to manage details
- Ability to interface at all relevant levels within the RJM Organisation, with good communication skills capable of developing strong supply chain relationship
- Team player
- Additional language skills
- Driving license
- Current passport
- QA experience
Posted: 19th September 2018
For further information and to apply for this position, please contact Pennie Lestock-Reid, Administration Manager. Contact