|Vacancy Job Title||Project Manager|
|Reports To||Head of Projects|
The Project Manager will perform project engineering and project management for every phase of small- to medium-sized (£10k to £5m+) projects or studies, to assure on schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations.
The Project Manager plans and defines project goals and devises methods to accomplish them, developing in-depth knowledge of client needs and objectives. The Project Manager develops and implements plans for identification, evaluation development and marketing of new products and service concepts to ensure continuation of quality services to RJM customers.
The Project Manager will also develop new customers, prepare proposals, presentations and perform sales for the company. In addition, the project manger performs on-site engineering and project management functions including construction management, diagnostic testing and start-up.
- Plans, directs and performs execution of all business, sales, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of projects, sub-jobs or studies
- Acts as RJM’s representative with clients and selected vendors during project execution
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with client and vendors
- Reports project status and prospects for additional work
- Establishes design criteria and conceptual preliminary engineering for all areas of the project, and performs or subcontracts the final engineering and construction for adherence to these criteria:
- Prepares or subcontracts preparation of all engineering and detail design
- Prepares design calculations, sizing and selection of components ensuring compliance with contract requirements
- Interfaces with customer to coordinate all design details
- Develops budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of each project. Ensures that each project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans
- Assigns responsibility for executing portions of projects or complete project plans to subcontractors after assessment of how to best utilize their qualifications and strengths
- Prepares specifications for all design work to be subcontracted, evaluates bids and coordinates activities of outside design firms or consultants to confirm design/sizing will meet technical requirements for the contract
- Ensures compliance to RJM’s QMS procedures
- Prepares purchase orders for contract equipment
- Reports the progress of all project activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions that would affect project cost or schedule to RJM
• Devises and executes action plans to rectify potential project delays or cost overruns, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work
• Manages and Monitors construction subcontractors and other associated construction functions necessary to erect supplied equipment, material and engineering services for specific projects
- Performs hands on diagnostic testing, start-up, and ptimisation of systems which may require extensive time in the field
- Prepares proposals, presentations and pricing for sales opportunities
- Negotiates and reviews new contracts with customers as required.
Travel: Up to 50% to domestic and international locations
Hours: Generally, 8.30am – 5.30pm, 5 days per week, with occasional extra hours as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Five or more years' related work experience, with significant field experience in electric utility or related power boiler fields
- Prior experience must include significant project engineering in small to medium projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost, schedule, customer interface and contracts
- Technical knowledge and experience of combustion and emissions technology and systems and related processes
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft products
- Action-oriented engineer with demonstrated ability to accomplish objectives
- Strong planning and organising skills with demonstrated ability to manage details
- Ability to interface at all relevant levels of client organisation, developing strong client relationships.
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- Chartership with a relevant professional body
- Additional language skills
Posted: 18th April 2019
For further information and to apply for this position, please contact Pennie Lestock-Reid, Administration Manager. Contact